Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Dad


My Dad.
I can't even imagine where I would be without him.
I started writing this on Father's day, but then I got interrupted by a family baseball game. So, since Father's Day fell on the 20th, here's 20 great things about my Dad. 20 things that make him the best man I know.

  1. He has 10 children. 
  2. He puts up with every single one of us.
  3. He still fishes with the baby of the family, even though when they started he was so tired from running around in the sun playing baseball.
  4. I can't remember a time when he didn't give us everything he had.
  5. He takes us to Cedar Point, where he has ridden so many kiddie rides that make him sick that he probably lost track about 20 years ago.
  6. He works 40 hours + every week so my mom doesn't have to work at all.
  7. He argues with me, but he's almost always right.
  8. He didn't kick me out of the house when he found out I had 2 tattoos.
  9. All he asked for and all he wanted for Father's day was to go to church with every single one of his kids and then eat breakfast.
  10. Out of all 21 years of my life, I can't remember a time my Dad didn't make it to a ballet recital, basketball game, volleyball game, race, or anything else I might be missing.
  11. I know he would do anything and everything for any of us kids.
  12. He and I enjoy 2 things, a good beer, and the Beatles.
  13. He is a man of God.
  14. He loves my mother.
  15. He is always quick with a joke to light up our day.
  16. He says good morning every day to me, even if that means being late to work.
  17. He sleeps on the couch on nights that I go out, making sure that I come in OK.
  18. He knows absolutely EVERYONE within a 50 mile radius.
  19. He built us a tree fort when we were little. He also built our house.
  20. He taught us how to add and subtract, play sports, and hammer a nail. We're very well-rounded children. At least I'd like to think we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment