Monday, May 17, 2010

Island Game - Albums

My top 15 albums I would want if marooned on an Island. This is going to be fun :)
Please note: These are all in order from my favorite album in the entire world and down. I'm sad there's only 15 spots, but decided that it must be a good thing that there's a limit. Otherwise I could go on forever. Also note that besides Hinder, ALL of my favorite bands and albums that are listed here are directly proportional to how awesome their lyrics are. I could make a list of my favorites from a musical score standpoint, but for right now let's stick with these :)


Also note, each album is followed with my favorite quote from my favorite song on the album.
1. Help! - The Beatles
Big and Black the clouds may be, time will pass away. If you put your trust in me, I’ll make bright your day.
-Tell Me What You See
2. A Boy Named Goo - The Goo Goo Dolls
And scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far. Did you lose yourself somewhere out there? Did you get to be a star? And don't it make you sad to know that life, Is more than who we are?
-Name
3. There Is Nothing Left to Lose - Foo Fighters
Run and tell all of the angels, this could take all night. Think I need a devil to help me get things right. Hook me up a new revolution, cause this one is a lie. We sat around laughing and watched the last one die.
-Learn to Fly
4. Hinder - Take it to the Limit
If I could go back in time, wouldn’t change a damn thing in my life. I love the dumb things we do when we’re young, but the best is yet to come.
-The Best is Yet to Come
5. Go - Vertical Horizon
I'm getting on, but what's the use? You know how I get, I can't decide which is the truth.
-Goodbye Again
6. Stunt - Barenaked Ladies
I'll be that girl and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. And if I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow.
-I’ll Be that Girl
7. Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World
We once walked out on the beach and once I almost touched your hand. Oh how I dreamed to finally say such things then only to pretend. Don't you know I'm thinkin', drivin' 405 past midnight? You know I miss you. Don't you know that I miss you?
-If You Don’t, Don’t
8. Please, Please Me - The Beatles
Closer, Let me whisper in your ear, Say the words you long to hear, I'm in love with you.
-Do You Want to Know a Secret?
9. Let's Do It For Johnny - Bowling for Soup
Somehow I’ve gotten to a point and I’m not ever coming back. My minds made up I’m staying for as long as it is taking to get close to you. I wanna get close to you and I need more time.
-Scope
10. Exile on Mainstream - Matchbox 20
When I get close to something beautiful, then I feel low because I know I'll never have it for too long.
-If I Fall
11. Everything in Transit - Jack's Mannequin
Two to one, Static to the sound of you and I. Undone for the last time.
-Rescued
12. No Name Face – Lifehouse
I'm finding my way back to sanity, again. Though I don't really know what I am gonna do when I get there. Take a breath and hold on tight. Spin around one more time and gracefully fall back to the arms of grace.
-Breathing
13. The White Album – The Beatles
You say you got a real solution, Well, you know, we'd all love to see the plan. You asked me for a contribution, Well, you know, we're doing what we can. But when you want money for people with minds that hate, All I can tell you is brother you have to wait. Don't you know it's gonna be alright?
-Revolution
14.  Escape – Journey
Caught on a one-way street, the taste of bittersweet Love will survive somehow, some way.
-Who’s Crying Now
15. When the World Comes Down – All American Rejects
I never thought that I was so blind I can finally see the truth. It’s me for you, tonight you can’t imagine that I’m by your side.
-I Wanna

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting list. I heard of the Beatles of course, but most of these bands I have never heard of. Be interesting to hear them on a desert Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Hinder or All American Rejects, but heard of the rest though perhaps not familiar with all of their music. Have all of the Beatles, Vertical Horizon, and Bare Naked Ladies in my collection. Also, have Matchbox 20, Journey, and GooGoo Dolls but I don't think I have the ones you listed.

    Good sounding list.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool list. Some I have not hear of, but must check them out!!

    Sig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hinder, gah, it's been so long since I've heard anything from them. But I love them!

    You have a wonderful list, made even more so by adding the lines of your favorite lyrics. Sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I thawt this was a GREAT line:

    "And scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far."

    I have often entertained that very idea although I never actually attempted to put it into words. There have been times I've looked at various scars on my body and remembered just when I acquired them, where I was and what I was doing.

    In fact - and I'm not lying - I did that just LAST NIGHT while considering a scar I have on the first finger of my right hand.

    Grey hairs and scars: signs of wisdom (hopefully) and souvenirs of life.

    COOL! :o)

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McD-Fens

    ReplyDelete
  6. If they're signs of wisdom, I guess I'm really wise. ;)

    I can't tell you how many scars I have. I should probably count sometime, but I'd be afraid of the answer. I think that's what attracts me to that song. Gray hair prematurely in my 21 years also happens, that's Awesome. Thanks for those genes, dad.

    Otherwise, agreed. It is rather interesting to notice these scars and reminisce about where they come from.

    ReplyDelete